What is truth? Well there is a debate as to the difference between truth with a small "t" and Truth with a capital "T"...meaning that truth with a lower case "t" refers to something that is true at a given place and moment in time but is not a constant. For example, right now I am wearing Ugg boots...this is the truth. I am indeed wearing shearling boots with an Ugg label on the back of the heel as I type this. However this is not Truth! Truth is something that is not only factual but unwavering and unchangeable for all time. Often Truth is used to refer to beliefs in religion and also law...such as "WE HOLD THESE TRUTHS TO BE SELF EVIDENT..."
There are many philosophers who would argue that there is no such thing as Truth with a capital "T" and to those people I say...poppycock! Yes, you read it correctly...poppycock! There are indeed some things so immutable, unchangeable, and fundamentally, authentically real that they can only be called "Truths". And these are my Truths...
- David Gilmour's guitar solo from "Comfortably Numb" is the best guitar solo of all time!
- The Joshua Tree was U2's best album
- The Doobie Brothers were better pre-Michael McDonald
- Mozzarella sticks are much better eaten with ranch dressing than marinara sauce
- There is no outfit that can't be improved upon with a pair of red shoes
- For maximum viewing enjoyment NASCAR races must only be called by commentators with thick southern accents and horrible grammar...the more misuses of common phrases the better
- If you are going to be a contestant on "Survivor"...learn to start a fire with kindling BEFORE you go on the show.
- The Backstreet Boys were a vastly superior boy band to the NSYNC who were vastly superior to 98 Degrees
- Everything and everyone looks better by candlelight (and if it wasn't dangerous I would advocate performing surgeries in the operating room by candlelight)