Saturday, November 6, 2010

Vintage Viewmaster (circa 1950s)

Today I decided to add a second post to "Stuff I Found In My House" and showcase this cool vintage Viewmaster that has been collecting dust in my attic for years.  Now, when I was a little kid in the 80s we had red Viewmasters with yellow and black accents that allowed us to take a peek into the lives of such celebrities as the Smurfs and He-Man and She-Ra.  But this is a first generation Viewmaster from the 1950s and these  "discs" range in age from the 50s to the 70s and feature far more interesting subjects like Lassie, Barbie and an awesome peek into the life of the Partridge Family.  Now that is just good entertainment.  Enjoy...

Vintage Viewmaster (circa 1950s)

2 comments:

Ryan DeRamos said...

Nice! I wonder if there's a way to digitize Viewmaster discs. With a flatbed negative/slide scanner, perhaps?

Whitny said...

That would definitely be cool...we as a society definitely need more Partridge Family.